Top 10 reasons why the Spectra Pipeline is a terrible idea:
1) It’s a danger to local residents.
2) Spectra has a history of safety issues.
3) Pipeline regulation and oversight are sorely inadequate.
4) We don’t need more gas, demand is flat (see p27-28).
5) The gas is intended for export.
6) Projected supplies are limited. Shale gas is a bubble.
7) It increases the demand to frack.
8) Gas will worsen, not improve our air quality.
9) It could increase our risk from Radon.
10) It’s the wrong direction. Our future is renewable.