Growing Resistance to Port Ambrose
More and more elected officials are stepping up to protect their constituents and communities from Port Ambrose. Here is a sample of elected officials who are vocally opposing the project:
- State Assembly Member Linda Rosenthal and State Senator Brad Hoylman have written a letter that 50 state legislators have signed onto sign, requesting that Governor Cuomo veto the project. Their letter can be found HERE.
- Majority Leader of the State Senate Dean Skelos published his own letter in the Long Island Herald asking Governor Cuomo to veto the project – link HERE.
- The City Government of Long Beach, Long Island is unanimously opposed to the project – HERE is their letter of opposition.
- New York City Council Member Donovan Richards has introduced a resolution to the New York City Council calling on Governor Cuomo to veto the project – the text of that resolution can be viewed HERE.
- New York State Assembly Member Todd Kaminsky has written a letter to Cuomo to veto the Port Ambrose project, available HERE.
- New York State Assembly Member Brian Curran has also written a letter to Cuomo asking him to veto the project, available HERE.
- United States Representative Kathleen Rice made her first public appearance in her new position at a press conference on the Long Beach boardwalk about the Port Ambrose issue, and issued her own letter calling for Cuomo’s veto HERE.
- Nassau County Legislator Denise Ford has been a vocal opponent of the project, testifying against Port Ambrose at official hearings and appearing at press conferences to publicly denounce the project (HERE is a link to Legislator Ford’s site).
- State Assemblyman Phillip Goldfeder has publicly testified against the project (see his website HERE) and has written his own letter to Governor Cuomo requesting a veto.